Saturday, December 27, 2008

Aging



Christmas day g-pa nurse helped others to keep their hearts healthy and I traveled up to Charlottsvill and was blessed to spend the day with Lily and her parents. One topic during the visit focused on getting older and how as we advance in age we are constantly are letting go of things that we have treasured in the past. I put out much less decorations for Christmas and our tree is twenty-four inches pre lighted that I just cover with a plastic bag and put in the closet for the rest of the year. I realized that I no longer spend time outside and gardening. I seem only to have energy to work and very limited extra cricular activities. It is more of a commitment every day to go foward and do what I can as well as I can and to be content. I am grateful for grace, faith, love and hope.

No comments: